We all know that one of the major problems with Fibromyalgia is:
- Your friends, families, employers and even your Docs just have no clue as to what you are going through.
- People can be demeaning, downright rude and misinterpret your actions, because they cannot see how ill you really are.
Well, we are about to change that, here is my plan:
We are going to write a book, yes I said WE!
And to make it more fun, let’s have a contest.
- The best story will win a new iPad 2!!!
- Now that’s gotta make you feel better!
I’m going to ask you to send me your best Fibro Story (s). The story(s) should be about a page long.
The story can be about anything you like, for example:
- How it has affected your life
- How it has changed your life
- Experiences with Doctors
- The good, the bad, the ugly
- Whatever you feel you’d like to write
I will even post your photo on Facebook announcing your “winner status”.
Now here’s the really good part:
I will compile the stories into a book which I will have published. With your help and your stories, I’m sure WE can turn it into a best seller!
Another really really good part!
- We will get the Book into the hands of the public who will finally begin to understand what Fibromyalgia is and how it affects us!
- The more the public knows; the more pressure on the medical establishment to find a solution!
- This would help to end the doctors telling us that it is in our heads.
- Finally this debilitating illness will be taken seriously.
But I’m saving the best part for last!
Any and all profits from the book will be placed in a non-profit organization to provide healthcare, meds, and doctor’s visits for those with no insurance or those who have no money. “It’s like becoming a published author, winning an iPad 2 and having a medical trust fund” all at once. Is this a great idea or what?”
- Hurry, though because I can only take stories through July 15 so
e-mail me your one page story(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail to me at:
Dr. Gene Martin
520 South El Camino Real
San Mateo, California 94402
- We all know it’s better to laugh than to cry so please feel free to find the humor in your story.
- Remember, the last day to get your story to me is by midnight July 15, 2011.
- I will announce the winner on July 31, 2011.
- Your Story (s) may be submitted in English or Spanish
Let’s band together and make the public
and doctors aware, once in for all, what
Fibromyalgia is really about. The More noise
we make, the more will be done to help get
rid of this dreaded illness!